2:18 AM

I've tried blogging in the past, but with nothing really interesting to say, or shifts at work to complete, somehow my blogging always gets lost along the way. So this time I am gonna give it one more earnest try! I am hoping that it will serve as a way to keep all our family connected and updated to what is new with us! I make a pretty good effort at keeping up with Facebook so hopefully our families can see what is going on through there, but with everything else going on in facebook, I think we get lost in the crowd! So we'll see how this works, I have high hopes that it will work better.

For anyone who needs a quick refresher: we're thisclose to being settled in here New Bern, NC. Where Brad is doing his AV-8B Harrier RAG training. He's busy, busy, busy. And I keep him busier as I am 34 weeks pregnant with our first, a baby boy, and on modified bedrest! We had a slight scare at the beginning of the month of April with some bleeding. I had a short stay of 2 nights in the hospital, baby looked great the whole time, but since the Doctor couldn't be sure that I wouldn't have another episode of bleeding, he so nicely prescribed me modified bedrest. He is pretty relaxed though. I can be up on the couch, go outside and sit for some fresh air. Do very very light activity around the house. I try to help Brad out by getting the laundry started or sitting on the floor and folding, but I'm so big and I feel like I move so slow, I don't know if I am really much help to him! I can leave the house for "short, quick, emergency trips" but no pushing a cart around WalMart or Target or spending an hour in Babies R Us shopping.

Brad has been great about doing all the grocery shopping, and some of the other military families in Brad's squadrons have so graciously been bringing us a meal or two a week. Which really helps! Brad will cook a lot on the weekends and try to have things ready for me to fix quick if he's going to be working late, which lately is often.

The baby's room is very close to ready, it just needs some cubby type shelves for toys and books. He doesn't have a lot now, but I know as he grows, he's going to get a hefty collection of toys and books! We have a few more rooms left in the house that need some things hung up on the walls, and then the whole house in general just needs a good cleaning.

My mom is coming in to town next week on May 5th to help spruce up a little as some of the military wives have amazingly offered to bring a baby shower to me, since I am really not supposed to be going anywhere. I didn't want any added stress on Brad in getting the house tidy and clean since its going to be a short evening shower during the week. Hopefully after mom being here for a couple weeks, we will be able to get some idea of when the baby might want to come. I know, I know- pipe dreams. But just maybe, at least an idea of whether he's gonna come in 3-4 weeks or be plenty late and come in 6-7 weeks from now! I hope the little guy is kind and gives me a break by coming just a little before my due date.

Once I go into labor or have some sort of debt set for something, Brad's parents are probably going to come out and then stay for a little bit to help after we bring baby home, and then my mom will go back home after her visits with baby. I'm never sure how much time the Marines are gonna let Brad take off when the baby is born. I think he is alotted 12 days (??) but I don't actually know how many he will be "allowed".

I've been spending my bedrest reading, cross-stitching, petting the kitties, and watching the entire season collections of the TV show LOST on our netflix online account. And I'll admit it... browsing the internet for baby things... it's the only shopping I get to do!

My intention is to send this blog out to everyone who wants to keep up with us so they can bookmark it, and then update it several times a week with pictures, stories, and goings on. I think it will be easier for all parties involved as far as the telling (me) and the reading (you!)

I'll post some pictures of baby/house stuff tomorrow! Goodnight!

Post a Comment

Copyright 2010 Wishes Out Of Airplanes. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.
Cherying Designs created by Cheryl Chu