These are a couple weeks late, but on May 20th, our baby Torben turned ONE! I can't believe it has been a year already. And WHAT a year. I think back on this time last year and how crappy I felt, both emotionally and physically and how I thought it was all in my head. I just thought I wasn't bouncing back from the c-section and bedrest as fast as some people do. I guess I had assumed it was pretty much my lot in life to have a bit of difficulty with things that come easily to others. Now, in retrospect, knowing what was really going on with my body and my heart, I am amazed that I didn't feel worse. I hope to be able to have the opportunity to go back to East Carolina Women's Center and tell them what happened. I am curious if this has happened to anyone else in the area lately, or ever. I'd love to speak to the local hospitals as well. I think there are more women who are getting shoved into the PIH/pre-eclampsia category when there is more going on. When the doctors hear hoofbeats, they think of horses, and people like me are zebas. Hopefully ongoing research will make it easier to diagnose patients faster and get treatment started earlier. Now on to the good part!!


For Ben's actual birthday, which was on a Friday, I had just made him a 6 inch rainbow chip cake that he could smash and tear apart to his hearts desire.


His dad made him macaroni and cheese for dinner.


He got really messy with the cake! We let him get a little too messy because he wasn't too happy anymore once he got cake and frosting in his eyes and and nose. When we took him upstairs to get him all cleaned up he just started bawling. Fun overload! Poor thing, we assured him we would only torture him like that once a year!


The next day at noon we had a barbecue at Glenburnie Park. I had a few decorations in the form of table covers and streamers and then a banner that was supposed to go on his highchair, but ended up on the picnic shelter. No matter! The banner, cupcake decorations, favor stickers, and centerpiece I ordered from Sugar Sweet Party Boutique . They were so cute, I got lots of compliments and the designer was super easy to work with. I loved them. I used the blue and green theme they had to do other things for the party like the favor bags, streamers, table covers, and cupcake sprinkles.


He also had an adorable 1st Birthday onesie with a #1 and a turtle on it, but I stupidly didn't get any pictures of him wearing it. I ordered it from Maddie Bug Baby
and she did a FANTASTIC job. So cute. I am getting Ben's pictures done professionally next week, so I'll be sure to get a few of him in it.

I was so happy to see so many people come out to celebrate with us. It's very humbling to see your friends all in one spot and see how much they care about you, and Ben too!


When everyone gathered around and started singing "Happy Birthday" to Ben he just grinned and giggled! He was thrilled to have all the attention and singing directed his way!


All in all a GREAT birthday weekend for Ben.

Happy 1st Birthday Torben Alan!!!

Post a Comment

Copyright 2010 Wishes Out Of Airplanes. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.
Cherying Designs created by Cheryl Chu